No Court Trust Setup Guide
Settlement Document Language
Please note, there is no required language. Adults with capacity can establish their Special Needs Trust
- For faster access to funds, please add the following statement to your documents and click here for the funding instructions that include address and payee information.
"Individual is eligible or currently qualifies for needs-based government benefits. Funds will be placed in a Special Needs Trust to protect ongoing eligibility.”
Required documents for CPT Institute
- All settlement documents
- A copy of the Client’s signed Social Security Card (some exceptions apply)
- If a Structured Settlement is involved:
- Final Structured Settlement/Annuity Quote
- Finalized Annuity Contract (acquired from the settlement consultant/broker directly post-settlement)
- If a Medicare Set-Aside is involved:
- MSA Allocation Report
- CMS Approval Letter
Signing with Client
Schedule a time on my personal calendar with your Client to review the Trust Documents with the Client to set appropriate expectations for a successful transition.
In order to ensure the meeting is a success, please complete everything below prior to the appointment.
- Ensure a copy of the Client’s signed Social Security Card is on file.
- Full legal names and contact information for potential remainder beneficiaries of trust funds should be known before the meeting.
- Please have the client watch our 6-minute signing video (available in English and Spanish).
- A witness over 18 (or a notary) is required to complete the signing.
- Executed electronic copies accepted upon completion.
- Spending plan sheet
- Link to funding instructions.
Funding Instructions: Please ensure the titling instructions include your Client’s legal name as it appears on their Social Security Card.
*Immediate signing and funding require individual funding instructions–please inform your assigned CPT Representative if this applies.
Once we receive the check, it takes about 2-3 business days to clear, and we will contact and notify all parties. Please visit our “What’s Next” webpage to ensure a smooth transition.