- Does the Trustee have a transparent fee schedule absent of hidden fees when questioned?
- Do they reject the practice of limiting spending a certain amount or percentage of the trust corpus a client can spend at once based on his/her needs? (See Conflicts of Interest for more information.)
- Do they maintain a call center where a client can get questions answered at no additional charge?
- Do they have online portals or mobile applications to make it easier to access your account?
- Do they have an automated notification system (i.e. email, call or text) to keep clients informed of disbursements?
- Do they use Secured VISA Cards that are used like a credit card to increase access to the account?
- Do they regularly participate in an independent third-party audit of their financials?
- Do they log calls and communication to more thoroughly investigate and resolve client disputes?
- Do they waive administration fees on Medicare Set-Aside (MSA) funds?
When using CPT Institute, we provided all the above with no hidden fees.